Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Summer Goals

Happy Tuesday!

I am done teaching summer school and I actually slept in this morning!  I would like to set some goals for the summer both personally and professionally.  I did not take a full summer job this year, and I would like to make good use of my time (too easily I feel like the summer is gone and I didn't get anything done).

1. Get in shape.

   I have had a lot of food allergy issues since college.  The doctors thought for a long time I had food allergies, then food intolerance, after years of trying to figure out why I suddenly gained a lot of weight and had no metabolism,  we didn't find an answer.  I was a 3 season athlete in high school and it just didn't really make sense.  I have continually tried to change it with diet and exercise, but life tends to get pretty busy.  One thing that helped me was being vegan.  I think lots of my stomach stuff came from meat and dairy.  I am not a full vegan, to balance out my diet I do eat fish (I love sushi!).  That hasn't changed my weight but it really has changed how I feel.  Anyway, I think I struggle with being so busy I don't eat and then I am really hungry so I have a giant meal.  That seems to be what messes up my metabolism.
   To kickstart good habits I was looking for an exercise program/ guide for eating (not really a diet).  We had family friends that tried the 21 Day Fix and really liked it.  It's through Beachbody (the P90x people) and we are giving it a try!  I know most of you come to this page to read about music so I will write more under the Lust for Life tab about my diet and exercise in the future.

2. Blog once a week

  I have been so grateful for all of the idea, lesson, songs, materials, etc. I have found online.  The online community made my last year of teaching possible!  Although I am constantly learning and changing, I would love to attempt to contribute to the community even in a small way.

3. Sell 20 products on TPT

  My store is not open yet, I know.  I am really hoping to sell but honestly I keep seeing the things I have created!  There are many wonderful artistic teachers!  I just need to focus in and start the sales!  I am hoping to sell a lot of Spanish music products as well (or maybe a Spanish option) because I teach in a school that offers immersion.  I also have a lot of native speakers to check my work :)

4. Buy a house

  Once again, in my Lust for Life tab, I will be sharing my about my life outside of the classroom.  We have been approved for a loan and we are house hunting!  Many things are out of our control and I am really trying to be patient but I am so excited!  I want to move today into a house and grow our own food and make it a home.  However, we haven't found a house that is a great fit for us yet.  Zillow has been a big addiction!


What are your summer goals?

How do you manage your time?

Any tips to help me achieve my goals?



Thanks for reading,


2 comments:

  1. Love your new blog design! You will get there with TpT! Slowly but surely! Let me know when you get a freebie up and at least one paid item up and I will share your freebie on my facebook page! Remember for a freebie it should be small (10 pages or less). You can do it! :)

    Looking forward to seeing what you create!

    ReplyDelete